Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Barack and Roll

By Jason Sundin

I do not know what it is about this man, but Barack Obama somehow is seen through all the bullshit. This man came from nothing and compared to his running mates was an underdog. Almost to the point where even now if your watching Fox News they still only talk about the Clinton's. But as we all know Fox News has not been known for telling the real stories from time to time.

This is my opinion on this, if he wins he will be the 44 president. If you do the math on that it over 200 years for us to put a black man in the office. That means it has taken this long for our society to get over hate, which this is a big step for us as a nation. It truly is. In public opinion he does well. He did a lot of good things in his career and is trying to shake it up from what i can tell. There something in the way he speaks to the country as a whole and unifies them unlike anyone has in a long time. He points out the basic facts that everyone sees, that we as a country have a ton of short comings and need to change the way to think and do business if we're going to survive for our next generation.

I really like the fact that he has made it a party rule to not take money from lobbyist. I don't think the mass public understands how big of an issue that is. Lobbyist take away from our views and our beliefs because they are backed by "big business" and pay a ton of money to not let the general consent of the public get in the way of there goals. Honestly any politician in my opinion that takes money from lobbyist should be removed from office. There's a name for that it is called a bribe, and last time i checked that was against the law. But this somehow gets pushed to the side and not talked about. I do not think that this is how our government should be ran. It makes me fucking sick to think this is how we have let them get control of our life and our government.

To me it is not patriotic to sit aside and let this shit happen. You can claim that you believe in our country but if you voted for George W. Bush, you sold out our fucking country. For what? What have we gained since he has been in office. A shitty check was cut in half if you actually work that just put the country in further debt. When it comes down to it, I think most Americans wouldn't mind paying a little more on there taxes if it meant that they would get health care when they're sick, if they where hurt and couldn't work they could get help and still live like a human being, I think everyone deserves that right. It's a human right, that's why his donations are a good idea. It says that if you believe in what I say then give a little money, $5 bucks, whatever you can. But it brings a bigger idea in that we have control, it puts it back in our hands, and this is proof that it works.

Americans can think for themselves and no matter what is said on the networks they are starting to see through it for what it is. This gives me hope. That all his campaign is about HOPE. I think our country can use a little. I haven't heard anyone else offer us hope. I'm not saying it going to be easy but it's at least something to work towards. He has got my vote! I just hope he is for real about what he speaks.

No comments: