Monday, June 9, 2008

The 1st Whack

By Chase Langdon

Think to yourself that you know nothing at all, you were in a coma from the moment you were born until you were 20 years old. You learn to walk and eat and shit and piss all in a white room. Then you are let outside not telling you anything about whats to expect. A thunderstorm arises and you see lighting strike a tree and then almost instantly thunder cracks so loud and intense that it shakes the ground. You are scared out of your mind and Don't know what to think so you assume that the sky is angry thing you see a bright ball of light. That must be vengeful being that is angry with you, you begin to worship ball of light and bring it much scarifies to keep it happy with you so you do not fall subject to its wrath.

Sounds ridiculous right? Well this is the first try, a philosophy we like to call religion. Religion is our first try at explaining the unexplainable before we knew better. The ball of light is no god but a ball of intense heat and gas that our solar system surrounds and the lightning is just molecules attracting and repelling.

I was once a believer in these irrational ways of thinking. But I now know better. What I don't understand will be a mystery to me until I or someone finds a natural explanation. No assumptions. Without this religion, religious violence would only be but a mere memory. That would be a day of peace I do believe.

When I say, "I am an atheist" I mean I do not believe nor accept any religion now, past or future. I do not believe in any spiritual teachings or superstitions at all. No ghosts, no spirits, gods or angels. I may read about them, watch movies about them, but we all enjoy fictional writings don't we? I find it funny when I see the sections in bookstores "Religious" and "Religious-fiction." Wouldn't all religious books be religious fiction?

The next whack is science and educational hypothesizing. Don't just make up what you think the reason of the unexplainable. Let it be a mystery until it is reveiled as a fact.

No comments: